POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Animation modeler.. : Animation modeler.. Server Time
7 Aug 2024 21:20:17 EDT (-0400)
  Animation modeler..
From: Povray
Date: 14 May 2001 11:42:30
Message: <3afffce6$1@news.povray.org>
This is a fairly silly question, but I'm looking around for something,
and I just can't seem to find anything that suites my needs ATM..

    I have a kicking idea for the animation round of the current IRTC
animation round, but I feel that I'm lacking in one major area.  A tool that
can support animations while using a system simular to Morays Inverse
Kinematics capabilities.  I'm almost tempted to write some perl scripts to
do something simular to this, which could take my scene file, parse out some
special escape characters, and spit out the object locations, then spawning
off pov to render, saving the output file so they can be assembled into the
animation.

    So basically, does anyone out there know of a tool that does something
simular?  I don't know that I'd have the time to actually write a fully
functional app to do this, and even if there is something that does part of
what I need to, it'd be better then starting from scratch.